Founded in 1999, WX is a privately-owned innovative beverage alcohol company that produces wine in 17 countries, on 5 different continents, and ships to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, Australasia, and North America. With offices located in Novato, CA and London, WX offers a unique working environment, with the fast pace of an entrepreneurial start-up and the down-to-earth atmosphere found in the Northern California wine industry. We seek people who are passionate about making a difference in the industry and their careers.
WX 2021 Harvest Internship – Central Coast
This position is based on the Central Coast and assists the WX Brands Central Coast Winemaking team with grape sampling and vineyard evaluations; monitoring grape receiving and fermentations; winemaking projects and data entry during the 2021 harvest season.
This is a great opportunity to work with premiere vineyards throughout California’s Central Coast regions and gain exposure to multiple custom crush facilities. Candidates would ideally have some vineyard and winery experience. The vineyards and wineries are located in the counties of San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Montery. Expect a fair amount of travel, using your own vehicle with reimbursement for mileage.
You are a self-starter with strong work ethic and communication skills. You must also be able to work independently for extended periods of time and stay on task. Attention to detail and familiarity with data collection are a must.
The estimated time frame for this part-time seasonal position is late-July through October.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitoring and sampling vineyards for grape maturity
• Vineyard scouting for powdery mildew, mold, pests, and disease
• Monitor grape receiving and fermentations at custom crush facilities
• Data collection and reporting
• Region of responsibility includes San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Monterey counties
• Provide logistical and special projects support for Winemakers as needed
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Computer skills, including Excel and Word
• Positive attitude and self-starter
• Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ability to drive your own vehicle and work in various temperatures/environments
• Experience with sampling and fermentation monitoring a plus
Rob Takigawa & Kip Lorenzetti