Foley Family Wines - Foley Johnson and Merus Wineries
Rutherford, CA and St. Helena, CA
Foley Family Wines is committed to producing, marketing and distributing handmade, highly individualistic wines from some of California’s best vineyards. Each of our wineries is a distinct, autonomous entity with its own identity, style, vineyard sites, techniques, personnel, varietal mix and category segment. Every wine in our portfolio is unique and delicious.
About Foley Johnson and Merus:
The two FFW Napa County owned wineries are the smallest wineries within the portfolio, which demand a great deal of care and attention to detail. The interns hired for this positon will get the opportunity to work at each location, side-by-side with the winemakers, and gain from their experience and knowledge.
Foley Johnson and Merus, members of Foley Family Wines, each seek a Full-Time Temporary Harvest Cellar Intern for the 2021 harvest season. This is a temporary position, and the length of employment is anticipated to be late August through November 2021, with the possibility of extended work to the end of the year.
This position is ideal for someone interested in pursuing a career in the winemaking industry. We are looking for people who are energetic, want to learn, enjoy the winemaking process and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Harvest Cellar Intern is involved in all areas of wine production from harvest through bottling in accordance with FFW winemaking and operational policies, to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and the high quality of all wines produced.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Harvest Cellar Interns will assist the production & winemaking team in the following areas:
• Winery & equipment sanitation
• Vineyard Sampling and processing grape samples
• Grape reception and crush
• Fermentation management
• Juice & wine racking
• Barrel filling
• Shoveling pomace
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Basic math skills
• Ability to accurately follow and complete work instructions
• Willingness to work long hours including weekends and swing shifts as needed
• Previous cellar and forklift experience is a plus but not required
• Candidates must be reliable and enthusiastic
• Candidates must be organized and detail oriented
• Ability to climb stairs
• Ability to stand and walk for long hours
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Ability to work both inside and outside in varying, often cold or wet, weather conditions
Foley Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com