Harvest Lab Intern
Treasury Wine Estates
Paso Robles, CA
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s largest wine companies; it is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Through world-class winemaking and brand marketing, our business is focused on meeting evolving consumer interests across the globe and delivering sustainable growth to become the world’s most celebrated wine company. TWE in Paso Robles is a large, state of the art facility. We process fruit from our estate vineyards on the Central Coast and many other Calif. appellations. We process large production wines as well as small premium lots. Our laboratory is technologically advanced and equipped to support large volumes of samples.
to be discussed
Harvest Interns will work in a fast-paced environment, including the following responsibilities:
• Conduct all activities in a mindful manner observing all safety rules, proper personal hygiene, Good Manufacturing Practices, cleaning and sanitation requirements.
• Flexible regarding scheduling of work days, hours and shift assignment.
• Sample wine tanks filled with in-process fermentations and wines using proper cellar equipment and techniques.
• Perform daily Brix and temperature monitoring on fermenting tanks.
• Perform routine harvest juice and wine analyses using a wide assortment of advanced and automated equipment.
• Learn to read and interpret analytical results (Brix, alcohol, pH , TA, VA, residual sugars, ammonia, NOPA, K, free and total sulfur, filterability and other analyses) accurately and efficiently.
• Record and enter data in central collection systems, Excel, JDE , VinoEZ and AgCode.
• Discard samples; clean glassware, counter tops, lab equipment and instruments regularly; maintain good general housekeeping of the Lab and Winemaking Tasting Room.
• Communicate all analytical results to winemaking and cellar teams in a timely fashion.
Wine Chemist, Lab Supervisor