Vineyard Operations Assistant
Les Lunes Wine
We are a small winery and vineyard farming organization specializing in organic viticulture and naturally made wines.
Les Lunes Wine, LLC is excited to add a full-time member to our farming operations team. This person will assist in all day-to-day activities in our leased and managed vineyards, which are mostly located near the city of Sonoma. Experience working in vineyards, operating equipment and the ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required; we are willing to train the right person in all aspects of the job. A love of agriculture and a passion for learning to farm vineyards organically are the most important requirements.
Les Lunes Wine organically farms approximately 40 acres in Sonoma and Napa for use in our wine program. We are a small, rapidly growing company and this is a great opportunity to work directly with ownership and be an integral part of the grape growing and winemaking process. Opportunities exist to take on additional management responsibilities within the company as well as receiving assistance to start a wine brand or vineyard management company, if so desired.
- Assist in all day-to-day activities in the vineyard, including but not limited to pruning, shoot thinning, shoot positioning and weedeating;
- Operate tractors and perform spraying, mowing, rolling, undervine weedeating, discing, cover cropping;
- Move equipment from site to site and set up properly for use;
- Supervise and work alongside Farm Labor Contractor crews;
- Monitor and maintain existing irrigation systems;
- Participate in harvest of our vineyards in Sonoma and Napa;
- Assist in fruit hauling during harvest;
- Perform general vine disease and pest monitoring;
The wine industry has had a long history of exclusionary hiring practices and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: Health care, Company vehicle, Paid Vacation, and more to be discussed
Please reply via email to email@example.com
Diego Roig, Owner