17347 E Gawne Road, Stockton, CA 95215
Gnekow Winery is looking for a take charge cellar master to manage the cellar team at our medium sized winery just outside of Lodi, CA. If you are a pleasant, respectful, hardworking, self-starter then Gnekow Winery is a great place to grow and expand your horizons.
Gnekow Winery produces bulk and case goods from estate and purchased grapes. Candidate will perform duties related to all aspects of winemaking: harvest and fermentation, filtering, production and bottling, equipment sanitation and maintenance. Compensation commensurate with skills and experiences.
Pay dependent on experience
• Wine crush duties: receiving wine grapes, fork lift, pump, crusher, press and bottling line operation.
• Using cellar protocol and under winemaker direction, perform wine movements, evaluate need for and perform additions.
• Basic lab test and analysis (alcohol, residual sugar, malolactic tests).
• Some vineyard duties as directed.
• Cleanliness: keep lab and cellar clean, maintain sanitation standards.
• Contribute to maintenance of winemaking records: documentation of crush, wine movements, additions, etc.
• Communicate w/winemaker, office staff, clients, growers, buyers, etc. in professional manner.
• High school diploma or higher
• Knowledge of cellar and vineyard practices.
• Knowledge of cellar and vineyard equipment
• Knowledge of botting line equipment.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Able to regularly lift fifty pounds, occasional 100 ponds.
• Experience with basic wine lab tests or completion of High School Chemistry.
• Evidence of record keeping and organization.
• Able to effectively communicate in written and verbal forms.
• Work extended hours as required, especially during crush.