Harvest Cellar HAnd
The Ojai Vineyard
Oak View, Ca 93022
The Ojai Vineyard is a small craft winery producing twenty five separate bottlings every year. The winery receives high praise from critics and prides itself on hands on old world production techniques. Starting in 1983 the winery has a past rooted in the beginnings of the central coast wine region and maintains relationships with some of its most prestigious vineyards.
$15/hr + overtime
The Ojai Vineyard’s harvest team will work August through November. During the peak of harvest the team will work up to 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Tasks include, but are not limited to; receiving fruit, crush pad operation, punch down, sanitation, barrel prep, barrel filling and pressing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete work assignments and work orders in timely manner
• Follow all company policies and work safely at all times
• Responsible for sanitation of cellar area, equipment, and tanks
• Assists in all cellar operations; racking, transfers, and barrel downs
• Responsible for data collection, inoculations, and additions
• Punch down, sample and Monitor temperatures of fermentations
• Clean and maintain barrels as needed
• Perform regular sensory analysis of wines
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, as well as dealing with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work is in an industrial setting with forklift traffic and heavy machinery. Employees are also exposed to weather conditions, as our crush pad is outside.
Reliable and detailed oriented individual who is willing to collaborate with our winemaking team. Previous cellar experience is required. 21 years of age.
please e-mail Dieter Duran