Grapevine Field Trial Assistant
Innate Immunity LLC
Greater Sacramento Region
Innate Immunity LLC, a biotechnology startup company currently located in New Mexico and Colorado, with additional projects underway in outpost locations throughout the US, focuses on developing robust and cost-effective therapy of plant diseases of relevance to agriculture.
The Company is in search for a part-time Grapevine Field Trial Assistant who will assist in trials that are part of grant funding provided to Innate Immunity by the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) to test and trial the company’s peptide therapies on Pierce’s Disease infected vines throughout California.
Early-Mid July 2021
Grapevine Field Trial Assistant:
Potential candidates are current, or recently graduated, viticulture or enology students that will assist with field trials using Innate Immunity proprietary peptides to find a cure for Pierce’s Disease. These trials will take place over the next twelve months, primarily during the 2021 calendar year. This position requires flexibility and willingness to travel, as trial sites will be located throughout California in both Northern and Southern regions. This position will report directly to the Director of Wine and Grape Studies, however the reporting relationship may evolve as the Company grows.
Field Trial Assistant Responsibilities:
• Assist research scientists in handling and managing agricultural experiments.
• Receive and prepare peptides and other reagents for application while following proper protocols in order to ensure that they be stored, prepared, applied, and disposed of efficiently and effectively.
• Travel to trial sites to prepare plot layouts and field trial equipment as required.
• Assist in application of treatments using provided protocols, and record data pertaining to experimentation and research.
• Collect, properly identify, and ship samples for testing following protocol specifications.
• Prepare data summaries, reports or analyses that include results, charts, or graphs to document research findings and results.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a viticulture or enology program at a university.
• Prior experience with and exposure to field trials.(THIS IS A MUST HAVE!)
• Familiar with treatment application procedures to grape vines.
• Able to devote sufficient time to complete project requirements as needed and requested.
• Flexibility, willingness, and ability to travel to application sites throughout California.
Compensation is commensurate to education and experience/expertise based on an hourly rate; all approved travel expenses will be reimbursed. This position is part-time and temporary dependent on Company requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!