Maturity Sampler Harvest 2021
Opolo wines is looking for a grape sampler to assist in monitoring maturity in our Paso Robles vineyards this harvest. We are looking for a motivated team member who is eager to expand on their knowledge and experience related to grape growing and maturity scouting in a positive fun working environment.
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Assess maturity and vine development and record field observations
• Collect maturity samples
• Manage personal sampling schedule and coordinate daily route to ensure timely results
• Assist lab in processing juice samples for analysis and tasting
• Work closely with Winemaking team
• Assist with compiling and filing seasonal viticulture notes, maintaining vineyard data reports
• Hard working, ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to clearly and accurately document information
• Ability to work long hours, possible weekends during peak periods
• Exposure to outside elements and physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, squatting)
• Valid CA driver’s license and clean DMV report required
Prior harvest experience is desired but not essential. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, detail driven individuals who possess an aptitude to work independently as well as part of a team. Candidates should have good communication skills, be reliable, punctual, prepared to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, day shift, night shift, and holidays. Students must take off fall quarter to be eligible for harvest internship position at Opolo Vineyards.
All candidates will need to be fit and capable of working long hours, lift weights up to 50lbs, and endure extended periods of time walking, standing, and climbing ladders. All safety protocols must be adhered to while employed by Opolo Wines. The period of employment will likely extend from late August through to the beginning of November. Candidate must have reliable means of transportation and a clean DMV driving record.