Harvest Intern 2018
Clos Du Val Wine Company
Napa Valley, CA
At Clos Du Val, our story is rich in history.
But it is also a living story that is still being written today. Great wineries do more than just endure—they learn, refine, evolve and perfect. As deeply rooted members of the Napa Valley wine community, our team takes remarkable pride in being the stewards of this iconic winery. As its stewards, we see it as our duty to build on Clos Du Val’s rich legacy. Our goal is not simply to leave Clos Du Val better than we found it, it is to make it better than it has ever been.
To achieve this, a period of unprecedented change has begun at Clos Du Val that includes a vibrant and vineyard-driven stylistic shift in our wines, and new viticultural practices that focus on lower yields and ideal vine balance. We have also completely renovated our winemaking facility, and built a new small-tank fermentation room.
Perhaps, the most important change is our renewed focus on the Stags Leap District Cabernets that first catapulted us to fame, and our decision to concentrate exclusively on making estate-grown wines. As part of this commitment, we have reduced our Cabernet production almost in half. Simply put, instead of making more wine, we have dedicated ourselves to making extraordinary wine.
Early August 2018
Clos Du Val Wine Company is looking for energetic, hard-working and enthusiastic people to work the 2018 Harvest.
This is a seasonal full time position. Successful candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work extended hours 6-7 days per week from August through November 2018.
Essential responsibilities and duties to include but will not be limited to:
• Vineyard sampling
• Assist in receiving and processing fruit
• Operation of crush equipment and presses
• Conducting pump overs and punch downs
• Assisting with additions to juice and wine
• Performing sanitation procedures
• Draining and pressing tanks, including shoveling pomace
• Racking barrels, filling barrels, transferring wine
• Monitoring fermentations as needed
• Forklift operation
• Lab work, general winery operations, and lots of cleaning
• High standard of quality
• A strong attention to detail, positive attitude, willingness to work hard and get dirty, and ability to work well with others is essential
• Ability follow directions, work independently and the willingness to work until the job is done
• Must have a flexible schedule. Must be able to work long extended hours (over 40 hours/wk) and on weekends
• Ability to work outside, in all types of weather conditions, on uneven surfaces, and feel comfortable with heights
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Fluency in English is required: both written and verbal.
Must be able to provide your own housing, transportation and meals.
International Applicants must secure their own J-1 visa.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Mabel Ojeda.