Harvest Assistant & Winemaking Apprenticeship
Saucelito Canyon Vineyard
Arroyo Grande, CA
Saucelito Canyon Vineyard is the producer of one of California’s most distinguished Zinfandels, a wine made from historic dry-farmed old vines that remain a world apart in both place and character. Nestled into the rugged terrain of the upper Arroyo Grande Valley on California’s Central Coast, our vineyard features three acres of head-pruned Zinfandel vines planted in 1880 and painstakingly revived by owner Bill Greenough nearly 100 years later. Today, we remain dedicated to capturing the singular flavors native to Saucelito Canyon, and to advancing our heritage through sustainable viticulture and progressive winemaking.
August 16, 2021
Harvest ending October- Opportunity to stay on P/T
Unique opportunity to work one-on-one with Winemaker and team to learn all aspects of winery harvest duties, from vineyard pre-harvest sampling to processing fruit to fermentation management to pressing to barrel downs and everything in between. Applicants must be focused, detail-oriented and very motivated to work hard, learn a lot, and assist in crafting some truly fine Central Coast wines.
You will participate in all phases of winemaking processes as well as the care, maintenance, and sanitation of all equipment and facilities. PLUS- as an added bonus to your experience you will receive training in sales, hospitality, and wine education for tasting room and special events.
What You Will Do:
• Performs all aspects of cellar work, including but not limited to wine movements such as movements, transfers, and barrel filling; stacking, washing, and maintenance; tank sanitation and preparation, forklift operation; cleaning and maintenance of cellar.
• Purging and gassing of tanks stirring and topping of wines; clarifying, and blending of juice and wine.
• Operates and maintains cellar and harvest equipment.
• Cleans and sanitizes cellar; including barrel room, crush and bottling equipment.
• Works extended hours as required during harvest season.
• Rotates between the following: bottling, cellar, crush, barrel room & tasting room
What You Will Need:
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to be physically capable of executing any job tasks.
• Required to wear a respirator when necessary.
• Required to work all shifts including rotating shift/schedule throughout the year (day, swing, split, 5x8, 4x10 etc); required to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
• Required to work up to 12 hours per day and up to 7 days per week as production.
Compensation & Start Date:
• $15-$18 an hour, D.O.E. + Mileage compensation of $10 per day/ up to $100 per pay period
• Training begins Monday August 16, 2021
Please send resumes to email@example.com