For more than six decades, Ridge has been recognized by top critics, chefs, and our peers for our consistent quality and steadfast approach to winemaking. Ridge is the largest farmer of organically certified grapes in Sonoma County and the Santa Cruz Mountains Appellation. Ridge has championed single-vineyard winemaking since 1962, searching California for those rare and exceptional vineyards where climate, soil, and variety are ideally matched.
November 15 or earlier depending on harvest
Position Title: Viticultural Intern, Healdsburg, CA
Category: Full Time, Seasonal, Harvest Season (Typical June-November)
Ridge Vineyards is looking for a motivated intern to join us for the 2021 harvest season.
OBJECTIVE: The Viticultural Intern will work with the Senior Vice President of Vineyard Operations, and with the Viticulturist at our Lytton Springs, CA vineyards, with occasional travel to our vineyards in Cupertino, CA. Responsibilities include assisting with scouting diseases, modeling, monitoring vine stages, data collection and analysis, etc. on estate vineyards in Healdsburg. This is a paid Internship eligible for health benefits and a housing stipend. Ideal candidates have completed at least one harvest internship, or, are currently pursuing a degree in Viticulture or Enology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prior to harvest, assist with the collection and organization of viticultural data, such as: Modeling an experimental yield estimation technique, monitoring vine phenological stages, maintaining crew operational records
• Assist in scouting for diseases such as powdery mildew, other vertebrate/invertebrate pests, and any abnormalities
• Analyze historical data, including climate and ripening parameters
• Assist in collection of plant tissue for nutrient analysis
• Help maintain in-house organic compost program
• Act as the primary berry sampler during harvest
• Join production team during tastings
• Other duties may be assigned depending on seasonal need
• Bachelor’s degree (or in-progress) in Viticulture/Enology, or related field preferred
• Previous harvest experience is a plus
• A passion for all things wine, from vineyard to table
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to walk up and down stairs, walk in uneven terrain, occasionally climb ladders, catwalks
• Clean driving record
• Familiar with Microsoft Office
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Available to work a regular, full time schedule that includes overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed during harvest season
This physical job can require extended hours in the vineyard or in the winery. In most cases, vineyard work will need to be performed in varying weather conditions, on uneven terrain, and at variable times during a 24-hour period. Please submit your resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org
please email your resume and brief cover letter to: email@example.com