Winery Relations & Events Coordinator
We are opening our second location in downtown SLO!
Our company is run by Cal Poly Alumni.
Region is changing how you experience wine. We offer an incredibly broad selection of regional wines, available by the taste, glass, or bottle, in a comfortable and approachable environment – at home or at a Region
location. Whether you’re out for a drink or want to dive into regional nuances, we’re here to further wine’s mission to bring people together.
Our customers, owners, and employees care about how the products and services they support affect the world around them, value experiences over possessions, are casually health-conscious, and support causes they believe in.
Region’s model has been uniquely designed as a winery co-op featuring with over 100 hard-to-come by wines to taste, sip, or buy, all made by local winemakers, We host a different local winery each week at our hand-pour bar, located in downtown San Luis Obispo in Hotel SLO. Region is striving to develop a unique culture where together everyone enjoys coming to work, visiting our partnering wineries, being active and truly enjoying our region.
Region is seeking out people to join our team who share our passion for wine and enthusiasm for Paso Robles, SLO Coast, and Edna Valley wines. We aim to make working with our team an engaging and fulfilling experience. Work directly with 25 wine brands and their winemakers. Expand your knowledge of the wine industry, while diving deeper into what makes this wine region so captivating, diverse and unique.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is committed to collaboration and dedicated to their ongoing growth and development. They have a strong sales ability and a true passion for serving others. The best candidates will share our belief that providing unparalleled hospitality is one of the most effective ways to build lasting connections with guests and winery partners.
We are seeking someone who displays a deep curiosity for wine and a desire for continued learning in the industry. We are looking for people who have a profound excitement and admiration for this region. People who will ignite that excitement in our guests.
If this sounds like you, check out the details below. We want to hear from you!
Salary or Hourly Base Pay Depending on Availability
This position is responsible for the day-to-day organization and management of Region’s 25 Winery Partners.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
• Maintain and coordinate the Featured Winery of the Week annual program
• Become an expert about our wines and winery partners
• Assemble and maintain a streamlined communication track with each individual winery, working directly with the Winery owners and Winemakers
• Maintain effective project management schedules and quickly resolve issues or conflicts that may arise to ensure the wineries always receive the best customer service
• Coordinate staff communication and training with weekly featured winery details
• Create weekly collateral and digital signage needed for each Winery (via Illustrator, Canva and other creative software)
• Ability to print on demand for menus, signage, tasting cards, etc.
• Assist with creating a memorable experience for guests
• Assist with the in-house events from planning, promotions/ticket sales, set up and overall flow. communications
• Assist with maintaining wine inventory and manage quarterly wine rotations with each winery
• Schedule monthly Winery visits with the Owner/Winemakers for the staff for our continued wine education training program
• Maintain up-to-date and current paperwork needed per winery partner for insurance, contracts, licensing, compliance, etc.
• Exercise timeliness, superior hospitality and customer service in all aspects of the role
• General office upkeep duties including maintaining a clean, organized office space at all times.
• Display excellent verbal communication with all staff, guests & winery partners
• Interact with winery owners, vendors, guests and team members with a friendly, positive and professional disposition
• Propensity to thrive in fast-paced environment under pressure, while exhibiting a sense of urgency
• Strong attention to detail and high standard of excellence
• Work directly with winemakers and featured wineries to support their specific operational needs each week
• Willingness and eagerness to learn and be coached while being productive working independently at times.
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Owners
• Must be 21 years of age
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• College degree in Business management, Hospitality, and/or Marketing or equivalent experience required
• Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
• Tasting room retail, DTC sales/marketing and/or hospitality industry experience required
• Proven track record of professional and successful projects and marketing programs, references required
• Availability to work some weekends, special events and holidays
• Proficiency with company computer systems, software and reports to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite a plus and/or creative applications such as Canva.
• Experience with updating websites with Shopify and Wordpress a plus
• Competency with POS systems and general internet navigation
• Valid driver’s license
• Must have or be able to obtain TIPS license
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR/FA Certificate
● Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
● Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
● Ability to stand for long periods of time
Job Type: Part-time to Full-time
Compensation: Salary or Hourly Base Pay Depending on Availability
Additional Compensation: Tips , Commission, Benefits Packages, Paid Winery Tastings