We are opening our second location in downtown SLO!
Our company is run by Cal Poly Alumni.
Region is changing how you experience wine. We offer an incredibly broad selection of regional wines, available by the taste, glass, or bottle, in a comfortable and approachable environment – at home or at a Region
location. Whether you’re out for a drink or want to dive into regional nuances, we’re here to further wine’s mission to bring people together.
Our customers, owners, and employees care about how the products and services they support affect the world around them, value experiences over possessions, are casually health-conscious, and support causes they believe in.
Region’s model has been uniquely designed as a winery co-op featuring over 100 hard-to-come by wines to taste, sip, or buy, all made by local winemakers, We host a different local winery each week at our hand-pour bar, located in downtown San Luis Obispo in Hotel SLO. Region is striving to develop a unique culture where together everyone enjoys coming to work, visiting our partnering wineries, being active and truly enjoying our region.
Region is seeking out people to join our team who share our passion for wine and enthusiasm for Paso Robles, SLO Coast, and Edna Valley wines. We aim to make working with our team an engaging and fulfilling experience. Work directly with 25 wine brands and their winemakers. Expand your knowledge of the wine industry, while diving deeper into what makes this wine region so captivating, diverse, and unique.
The ideal candidate is a leader and team player who is committed to collaboration and dedicated to their ongoing growth and development. They have a strong sales ability and a true passion for serving others. The best candidates will share our belief that providing unparalleled hospitality is one of the most effective ways to build lasting connections with guests.
We are seeking someone who displays a deep curiosity for wine and a desire for continued learning in the industry. We are looking for people who have a profound excitement and admiration for this region. People who will ignite that excitement in our guests and lead an amazing team.
If this sounds like you, check out the details below. We want to hear from you!
Salary: Competitive Base Pay
This position is responsible for the total customer experience and operations of Region San Luis Obispo. Guiding the guest experience and ensuring the highest level of hospitality in the tasting room through leadership and teamwork while managing a successful, motivated and inspired staff.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
• Manage the business aspect of the tasting room including scheduling, staff training and overall team management, and exemplary customer service.
• Assemble and maintain a high performing team, providing the guidance and motivation required to drive success
• Create effective schedules and quickly resolve conflicts to ensure the tasting room is well staffed and managed at all times
• Educate guests on our available wine selection and wine partners and assist them with our self-serve wine machines
• Create a memorable experience for guests
• Be an expert about our wines and winery partners
• Guide guests to wines by accentuating their existing wine preferences while expanding their wine curiosity and knowledge
• Assist with the in-house events from planning, staffing, set up and sales
• Sustain a clean environment for our guests and staff
• Assist with maintaining wine inventory
• Exercise timeliness and superior hospitality
• Prioritizing sanitation and safety standards
• Display excellent verbal communication with all staff, guests & winery partners
• Interact with guests, vendors and team members with a friendly, positive and professional disposition
• Propensity to thrive in fast-paced environment under pressure, while exhibiting a sense of urgency
• Strong attention to detail and high standard of excellence
• Work directly with winemakers and featured wineries to support their specific operational needs each week
• Willingness and eagerness to learn and be coached while still leading a team
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Owners
• Must be 21 years of age
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
• Availability to work weekends, special events and holidays
• Proficiency with company computer systems, software and reports to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
• Competency with POS system and general internet navigation
• Valid driver’s license
• Must have or be able to obtain TIPS license
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR/FA Certificate
• College degree in retail/business management or hospitality, or equivalent experience required
• Tasting room retail, DTC sales, restaurant or hospitality industry experience required
• Proven track record of professional and successful team building, references required
● Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
● Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
● Ability to stand for long periods of time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive base pay
Additional Compensation: Tips and Commission