Harvest Crush Supervisor and Cellarhand
Dana Estates is a small boutique winery located in St. Helena. We produce three vineyard designate Cabernet Sauvignons and a Sauvignon Blanc under the direction of Winemakers Chris Cooney and Philippe Melka.
Late November/Early December
This harvest internship position provides experience in winemaking at the highest level. We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable interns with a great attention to detail. The Crush Supervisor plays a vital role during harvest, carrying out all fruit receiving and crush operations.
• Responsible for crush line setup, fruit receiving, and management of temp. workers under guidance of the Assistant Winemaker.
• Involved in all other harvest activities: pump-overs, barrel rolling, racking, additions, cleaning, pressing, etc.
• Assist with lab sampling and fermentation monitoring when time allows.
• Assist with vineyard sampling and observations when time allows.
• Assist in non-harvest cellar operations: topping, racking, additions, sampling, etc.
• Must have experience driving a forklift.
• Must have reliable transportation and housing.
• Must be comfortable with cleaning and maintaining a neat and tidy work area.
• Must be able to communicate proficiently in English.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
• Must have general understanding of cellar operations, at least 1 harvest of experience preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and sustain physical activity over long work days.
• 40-60+ hours per week