Assistant Viticulturist - Treasury Wine Estates
Posting Date: 10/16/17
|Job Title||Assistant Viticulturist|
|Company Name||Treasury Wine Estates|
|Company Description||Treasury Wine Estates is one of the world's largest wine companies that is traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). We have a passion for wine that is reflected in our behavior and in everything we do. The character, quality and scale of our global brand portfolio is unmatched. Our bands are amongst the most recognized and awarded in the world including, Beringer, Penfolds, Chateau St. Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap, Lindeman’s, Matua and Gabbiano. We welcome new talent, enthusiasm and fresh insight; we're excited by what you could bring and the wonderful career opportunities we can offer!|
About The Role
|Job Type||Full Time|
• B.S. degree or greater in Viticulture/Horticulture/Agriculture/Enology or related discipline. Graduate degree beneficial.
• PCA license or ability to gain one within first 12 months of employment
• A clean CA driver’s license.
• General knowledge of regional viticultural cultural practices, pest issues, needs and opportunities.
• Computer skills including MS Office, and practical competence with agriculture oriented computer applications.
• Experience and specialty knowledge of GIS software and techniques. Certification beneficial.
• Have a rudimentary understanding of winemaking to assist with understanding winegrowing goals and fruit/wine quality grading.
• Ability to work overtime (extended hours and weekends) as required.
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements.