Kristin McCain-Bender, M.A.
Advising Resources for WVIT Students
- How to meet with a WVIT Peer Advisor-Zoom link for Drop-ins
- Terms that Classes are planning to be Offered (Term Typically Offered)
- Withdrawal forms / Planning Calenders
- Link to WVIT Courses and the prerequisites (for planning purposes)
- Study Abroad planning (only for those that wish to)
- Registrar's Office Forms
Scheduling an Appointment with your WVIT Academic Advisor
I would love to schedule an In-Person or Video-Zoom appointment with you.
Kristin McCain-Bender-WVIT Academic AdvisorEmail: email@example.com
- M.A. Counseling/Human Relations, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- B.S. in Psychology, Emphasis in Education, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- Certificate in Natural Health Consulting, Stratford Career Institute
Kristin grew up in the California Central Valley and began her Academic Advising career in 2005 at a private university on the East Coast. She then came to Cal Poly as an EOP (Educational Opportunity Program) Counselor in 2007. She joined the College of CAFES in 2015 and now serves as the Wine and Viticulture & Ag Communications/Ag Science Academic Advisor. She has lived & worked everywhere from aboard a ship in the Caribbean, to the Deep South but her heart calls the Central Coast “home”. She is passionate about helping Cal Poly students strategize and succeed in both their educational and personal goals. Outside of work, you will find her outdoors with her husband, 3 kids, 3 dogs, cat, bunny and chickens enjoying the Central Coast.