How You Can Support Learn By Doing
The College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences and the Wine and Viticulture Department are committed to providing students with hands-on experiential learning in the fields of viticulture, enology, wine business and more.
With private support from alumni, friends, and industry partners like you, we are able to enhance and expand Learn by Doing opportunities for students from the classroom to the vineyard to the tasting room – and beyond!
Your financial support matters. Donations can be made to the Wine and Viticulture Department to support student scholarships, facilities, research, on-campus work experience, clubs, and much more! Consider making a charitable contribution to one or more of the following:
- JUSTIN and J. LOHR Center for Wine and Viticulture – A new, 100-percent donor-funded, future-forward building that will serve as the learning hub for our wine and viticulture program. Learn more.
- Trestle Vineyard – Cal Poly’s 14-acre teaching and commercial vineyard designed to allow for hands-on teaching in site evaluation and development, pest management, and state-of-the-art cultural practices. Learn more.
- Earn by Doing Internships – This program provides students with paid, on-campus work experience in the department’s vineyards, Pilot Winery, laboratories and more. Students gain technical skills in positions directly related to their chosen careers. Learn more.
- Wine and Viticulture Department Fund – Allows us to leverage resources and quickly fund the most pressing needs in the department.
Other Ways to Give
- In-kind Gifts - Donations of equipment, software and other company products and/or services allow funds that would otherwise be used to purchase these items to go to other urgent needs within the department. Contact Kelly Owens-Davalos at email@example.com for more information.
- Planned Gifts – Designate Cal Poly’s Wine and Viticulture program as a beneficiary in your will or living trust. Learn more about the variety of ways to make a planned gift by clicking here or contact Allyson Dela Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matching Gift Program – Double your donation through a matching gift from your employer. Find your employer’s matching gift program here.
Become an Advocate, Ambassador, or Volunteer
- Provide internships or employment opportunities for current students and recent graduates. Learn more here.
- Become a guest speaker or lecturer – Industry professionals and alumni are invited to share their professional experience as guest speakers in our courses and club meetings.
- Networking – Follow us on social media, connect with our alumni on LinkedIn, and share your ideas.
For more information about giving opportunities, please contact:
Director of Development
College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences