Korbel Champagne Cellars
Korbel is seeking a responsible Vineyard Manager to work closely with the Director of Vineyard Operations to facilitate the planning of multiple estate vineyards consisting of more than 400 acres of premium vineyard lands in Sonoma County. Directs and oversees all seasonal vineyard operations as they pertain to growing premium Sonoma County wine and champagne grapes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the scheduling of vineyard labor and equipment with an emphasis on quality control, efficiency and safety.
• Trains, enforces, and follows safety programs and guidelines for all vineyard and production areas.
• Coordinates manpower, including outside labor contractors and equipment needs by task.
• Knowledgeable in the mechanical aspects of equipment operation to include but not limited to the following: large trucks, tractors, cultivation equipment, sprayers (including calibration), seeders and harvesters.
• Responsible for detailed documentation and recordkeeping of all chemicals, fertilizations, irrigation applications, sustainability and organic programs.
• Manages and adheres to operational and financial budgets and participates in monthly budget reviews.
• Represents Company in winery, industry and governmental organizations.
• Monitors vineyards for insect and disease pressure, coordinates and implements spray and fertilization programs.
• Bachelor of Science in Enology or Viticulture Management or related field is preferred, with two years of vineyard or related management experience or;
• Five years of appropriate work experience and/or additional academic training that demonstrates competency and currency in the specialized areas may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• PCA license is highly desirable, but not required.
• Strong leadership ability to motivate and manage employees and work with outside labor contractors to ensure assigned duties are completed in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of agricultural labor laws and knowledge of company rules and policies regarding work and safety, with the ability to enforce them fairly and consistently.
• Clean DMV history.
• Must be willing to work flexible extended hours during peak periods (frost and harvest).
• Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable, but not required.
After passing an evaluation period, our full-time employees are offered the following competitive benefits:
• Life Insurance
• PTO/Sick Time
• Discounts at Wine Shop and gourmet Delicatessen
Interested in applying? Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications are also available 8-4:30 M-F at F. Korbel & Bros., Inc., 13250 River Rd., Guerneville, CA 95446 or fax resume to (707) 824-7381.