Harvest Intern/Swiss Army Knife
Paso Robles, CA
Since 2002 our small, 3,500 case winery in Paso Robles' Tin City has been working hard to push boundaries and craft creative, authentic wines that tell stories and showcase the very best of our homeland of the Central Coast. In short - we make badass wines and have a hell of a time doing it. We are located in the coolest of cool places in Paso Robles, surrounded by likeminded people such as ourselves, where winemaking ideas, equipment, grapes, beers, laughs, and harvest chaos abound. Our core team of 4 work together to put our some of the best wines our area can produce, making aromatic whites and Pinot Noir from the San Luis Obispo Coast, as well as a range of powerful reds from the best vineyards on the Westside of Paso Robles. Skin contact Pinot Gris? Check. Single vineyard Pinot Noirs? You better believe it. Carbonic Grenache? Put your boots on. Inky, dry-grown Petite Sirah? Of course. 60 year old vine Cabernet grown on pure limestone? Hell yes.
DOE - Hourly
We are looking for a full-time man/woman/person to work directly with the winemaker and our small team (including 2 interns - one being you), to help us with the 2021 vintage. We are a tight-knit team that works hard, plays hard, and is passionate about everything that we do. We don't really care about titles, we just show up every day, laugh, and try and make magic happen. We will crush roughly 80 tons in 2021, which we will lovingly sort, cold soak, ferment, punch down, pumpover, press, and care for from start to finish.
Our small team runs the entire winery from top to bottom, so the ideal candidate is someone with TALENT + PASSION. We are preferentially looking for someone with a few harvests under their belt, and/or some background in winemaking, but we will consider green candidates if they seem like they are simply amazing.
- Show up everyday stoked, ready to make wine, and with a great attitude.
- Know how to be professional, detail oriented, and serious about the wines we make whilst still being awesome.
- Know how to work independently, have a good head on your shoulders, and make good decisions.
- Be able to work long hours, do plenty of physical labor, and do it in wet boots.
- Be flexible in your work hours and days - this ain't no 9-5 job or 5-10pm restaurant shift damnit. The grapes determine our day.
- Be able to talk about things other than wine - if you have no other hobbies/passions in your life you'll bore us to tears.
- Must like loud music, getting dirty, and be able to work hard even after a glass of wine at lunch.
- Have a desire to clean like you've never cleaned before.
- Be inquisitive - you're here with us everyday, so you better want to learn.
- Sort, crush, punchdown, pumpover, run chemistry, drive a forklift, fill barrels, stomp grapes, move heavy crap all day long, etc.
- Be ready to get your hands (and boots) dirty.
CONVINCE US YOU ARE AWESOME: Please email resume, and BE SURE to include the following:
- passions outside of work/career
- favorite bands/music
- favorites wines
- places traveled in the world (or those you want to go to)