Brick Barn Wine Estate
Brick Barn Wine Estate is looking for a full-time cellar worker. You would work closely with the winemaker to execute the cellar tasks needed for the winery to function as well as assist with facility and equipment maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to this list):
• Keep a clean and organized wine cellar and storage warehouse
• General cellar work: racking, blending, tank cleaning and sanitation, topping, barrel steaming, forklifting, bottling
• Lab Work: maintain a clean organized lab. Tests in house currently include FSO2, TA, PH, Brix. Organize samples for ETS analysis.
• Trucking: transferring bottled wine between winery and warehouse location.
• Harvest: perform all harvest duties including grape receiving, forklifting, cap management, laboratory, pressing, pump overs, transfers, and barrel work. Also working closely with winemaker to help organize the harvest team on daily tasks.
• Maintenance of winery equipment, including servicing equipment as needed.
• Entering winemaking data into Innovint.
• Vineyard: sampling vineyards pre-harvest. Occasional vineyard work such as thinning and wire positioning.
• Occasional pouring at offsite events: will be cross-trained to present wines and engage with customers.
• Maintain a safe, clean, friendly working environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture and Enology, Winemaking or any applicable science-based degree related to winemaking. AA and/or work experience can be in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to lift 100 lbs. and do physically demanding work.
• Understanding of processes in the winery for the whole cycle of winemaking
• Very proficient in both driving truck and trailer as well as forklifting.
• Experience with Innovint software or technical ability to be trained in Innovint.
• Ability to integrate multiple tasks to be efficient in the cellar.
• Ability to work long hours and weekends especially during harvest.
• Detail oriented with strong self-motivation and organization
• Drive to learn about wine and strive for continuous improvement.
• Ability to work autonomously while winemaker cannot be at the cellar or facility.
• Must have cellar experience.
• Valid driver’s license and transportation.
• Hourly compensation competitive with current market. Overtime pay during harvest.
• Health, Dental, and Vision coverage