Harvest Cellar Intern
Bodega de Edgar
We are a small family owned winery focusing on Spanish and Rhone inspired red blends. We source the majority of our fruit from the West side of Paso, but we also work with some vineyards on the East side as well as fruit from Santa Barbara county.
Our annual productions is approx. 4500 cases.
Aug 22-Sep 1
Primary responsibility will be to assist the winemaker and assistant winemaker in the cellar during harvest. This will be a very small intimate team and you will experience all areas of the winemaking process. We like to have fun and drink great wines from all over the world. This experience will certainly expand your palette while furthering your education in the wine industry.
· Assist in fruit processing
· Cleaning/Sanitizing all crush equipment
· Tank cleaning
· Cap management
· Follow all safety protocol
· Drains and pressings
· Be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
· Standing for extended periods of time
· Able to work for long shifts, including weekends
· Positive attitude
· Previous harvest experience or classwork in Enology/Viticulture preferred
· Passion for the wine industry
· Team player
· Strong work ethic
· Time efficient