Harvest Intern with the potential of joining our team as a full-time/part-time employee.
- Seasonal F/T
- Seasonal P/T
2323 Tuley Rd Unit 120, Paso Robles, CA 93446
TOP winery is a boutique family owned premium winery. We specialize in Rhone varietals. We source fruit from highly acclaimed vineyards from Santa Barbara County, Edna Valley, Santa Maria, Westside Paso Robles, to Carneros in Napa Valley. Our focus is in hand crafting quality wines that are delicious, complex, balanced, and worthy of longevity. We use our senses (sense of site, sense of touch, sense of smell, sense of taste, sense of hearing) to make our wines, opposed to a traditional text book approach. Hospitality is our priority as we treat every visitor and member as family, creating lasting friendships during their tasting experience with us. A majority of our wines are allocated to our wine club. Fifteen percent of our production is kept for our tasting room and less than one percent goes to our five wholesale accounts within California. Our wines range from $65 - $175 a bottle. We love what we do and would love to share our passion and knowledge of wine with the right individual.
We’re a small operation with a small team (3 people). We all wear multiple hats at TOP. We’d love to bring on the right candidate that we can teach and train. An individual who is eager to grow within a thriving small winery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
• Grape receiving activities
• Wine/must movement
• Cap management practices (punch-downs)
• Fermentation monitoring/management
• Barrel activities (filling/racking/topping)
• Equipment and tank sanitation
Wine sampling and some lab work
Forklift driving helpful but not required
• Field sampling
• Other tasks as necessary
• We’re willing to train the right candidate
• Eager and able to learn all new tasks
• A positive attitude
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• We are bilingual. We speak English and Spanish fluently. You do not have to be fluent in English as a result and prefer if you have the ability to speak Spanish
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to keep basic records
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
This harvest position entails all aspects of the vintage from crush-pad, cellar/barrel management, vineyard sampling, crush-pad, laboratory, and assisting the tasting room with misc task.
Elena Martinez - owner