TWO Positions are being filled.
Title: Cellar Worker (2 Positions available)
Type: Temporary Full-Time with Permanent Full-Time Possible
Employer: D’Alfonso-Curran Wines
4457 Santa Rosa Road, Lompoc, CA 93436
Anticipated Start Date:
As Cellar Worker, you will work directly with our Winemakers and Associate Winemaker in all aspects of operating a winery, including but not limited to producing, maintaining, blending, sanitation, fining, filtration, and bottling of our wines.
• Must have a strong work ethic and be punctual.
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid CA driver’s license, and current automobile insurance as the position will require some driving.
• Must be capable and willing to wear many “hats” on any given day.
• Should have some practical knowledge of mechanical equipment.
• Must understand that:
o Wine production is 90% cleaning.
o Wine production is hard work.
o Wine production can be very tedious.
o Electricity is hazardous.
• Knowledge of Enology, Chemistry, and Physics is a must.
• While this is in no way a desk job, you must have Excel and Word proficiency to complete specific tasks in a winery (inventories, compliance records, shipping/receiving, etc.).
• Having prior experience working in a winery is not a must but could be beneficial, and a degree in Enology is preferred.
• You must have common sense and an acute awareness of your surroundings (earbuds are not allowed at our facility for this reason).
• Personal cell phones are not allowed during working hours.
• Must be able to commit to full-time work, including weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed.
• Forklift proficiency is beneficial, as position will require unloading grapes and packaging, loading finished goods, and moving barrels (full and empty).
• You must be able to see what needs to get done, then work with winemakers to accomplish it.
• Safety is a top priority at our facility, so, once again, common sense is crucial!
• Must be able to work with various chemicals and ozone.
• Good at sensory analysis, especially to smell and taste a potential flaw before it becomes a significant problem.
• Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Prioritize while being able to adapt to changing priorities regularly.
• Ability to work independently within guidelines from Winemakers.
• Work effectively with all members of our team.
• Adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
• The candidate/s position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
• Position requires bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a production environment.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs on an occasional basis and 40 pounds consistently during bottling.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• No smoking or drug use will be allowed. Random drug testing may be required.
• Must be able to work on concrete for the entire shift.
• Must be able to climb ladders/stairs to fulfill certain aspects required to produce wine.