Harvest Internship - Arista Winery
We are a small, family owned, winery located in the heart of the Russian River Valley. We make 8000 cases of wine, primarily Pinot Noir and Chardonnay (with some Rose and Riesling mixed in).
We are a small, family owned winery located in the heart of the Russian River Valley. We produce high end, small lot, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, as well as a very small amount of Riesling. Our total production is ~8000 cases. We will work 7 days a week through the peak of harvest. We will also provide a catered lunch every day.
This position starts early August and runs into late October. There is an opportunity for someone to start mid-late May and have a more in-depth experience (racking, bottling, vineyard work, etc.)
We are looking for individuals who are detail oriented, dependable, hardworking, loves to learn, and enjoys having fun. We typically run a very small crew, so any potential intern will have the opportunity to do everything in the winery. Including, but not limited to:
- Cleaning and sanitizing all winery equipment
- Sorting fruit
- Copious amounts of pumpovers
- Monitoring fermentations (red and white)
- Continuing to top and monitor over vintage wines
- An interest/passion in high end wine and wine making
- Knowledge of the winemaking process
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- College degree in a related field is desirable, but not required
This is a great opportunity for the right person to work with some of the best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vineyards that this region has to offer, as well as learn in a very hands on manner.