Talley Vineyards is seeking three enthusiastic full time cellar interns and one focused lab intern to join our production staff for the 2023 harvest. We produce about 25,000 cases of wine annually focusing on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Syrah, Grenache, Gruner Veltliner, and Sauvignon Blanc from our 150 acre vineyard. You will participate in all aspects of winemaking from primary processing to barrel. You will be asked to perform cellar tasks in a fast-paced environment. Being a strong member of our team means that you must take initiative and are willing to do whatever tasks are needed for smooth operation of our facility.
• General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels
• Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit
• Pump operation
• Performing punch downs and pump-overs
• Transfer of wine and juice from tank to tank
• Removing pomace from tanks and press
• Press operation
• Barrel filling and topping
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Other cellar work as assigned
• Fork Lift experience preferred but not required
• Previous winery experience preferred but not required
Being a mid-sized facility gives us the opportunity to rotate our interns tasks to provide them a more rounded experience in winemaking.