Swiss Army Knife - Tasting Room and Production Hybrid Role
Tin City - Paso Robles, CA
WE ARE: artisans, farmers, wine geeks, world travelers, nerds, surfers, outdoor enthusiasts, music lovers, fast-talkers, storytellers, not uptight, and more than anything - passionate winemakers.
YOU ARE: awesome, a go-getter, detail-oriented, not obsessed with your iphone, knowledgeable, music-loving, driven, reliable, creative, and more than anything - a great person. And you love working on team of other great people.
Since 2002 our small, 3,500 case winery in Paso Robles' Tin City has been working hard to push boundaries and craft creative, authentic wines that tell stories and showcase the very best of our homeland of the Central Coast. In short - we make badass wines and have a blast doing it. We are located in the heart of Tin City here in Paso Robles, surrounded by likeminded people such as ourselves, where winemaking ideas, equipment, grapes, laughs, and harvest chaos abound. Our core team of 4 work together to put out some of the best wines our area can produce, making aromatic whites and Pinot Noir from the San Luis Obispo Coast, as well as a range of powerful reds from the best vineyards on the Westside of Paso Robles. Skin contact Pinot Gris? Check. Single vineyard Pinot Noirs? You better believe it. Carbonic Grenache? Put your boots on. Inky, dry-grown Petite Sirah? Of course. 60 year old vine Cabernet grown on pure limestone? Let's do it!
We are looking for a full-time man/woman/person to work across multiple sectors of our winery. The ideal candidate will be helping with all things customer facing as well as wine production throughout the year. Titles aren’t really a huge thing here - we just show up every day, laugh, and try and make magic happen. We are a tight-knit team that works hard, plays hard, and is passionate about everything that we do. Our small team runs the entire winery from top to bottom, so the ideal candidate is someone with TALENT + PASSION.
DOE - Hourly plus Commission
- Be the swiss army knife this company is searching for! This role will split time between the tasting room and the cellar each week. You will also be a key part of the harvest team come fall.
- Show up everyday stoked, ready to make or pour wine, and with a great attitude.
- Know how to be professional, detail oriented, and serious about the wines we make whilst still being awesome.
- Know how to work independently, have a good head on your shoulders, and make good decisions.
- Consumer interaction and sales in the tasting room.
- Harvest and Production duties: Sort, crush, punchdown, pumpover, run chemistry, drive a forklift, fill barrels, stomp grapes, move heavy stuff all day long….the whole nine yards.
- Be able to work long hours, do plenty of physical labor, and do it in wet boots.
- Be flexible in your work hours and days - this ain't no 9-5 job or 5-10pm restaurant shift. The wines and our customers determine our day.
- Have a desire to clean like you've never cleaned before.
- Willingness to help across a wide variety of other tasks as needed.
- Be inquisitive - you're here with us everyday, we hope you’ll want to learn and grow with us.
We believe in playing to people's strengths, so once we get to know you we want you make sure we leverage your talents! This role has room for opportunity and development as we are a small winery who all work hard to get the job done.
CONVINCE US YOU ARE AWESOME: Please email resume to Nick@aaronwines.com, and BE SURE to include the following:
- passions outside of work/career
- favorite bands/music
- favorites wines (or beers, cocktails)
- places traveled in the world (or those you want to go to)