Tolosa is a high-end, boutique winery located in San Luis Obispo. We work with estate vineyards and small quantities of single vineyard Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from around California (ranging from Russian River to Sta. Rita Hills). While we primarily focus on Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, we enjoy also crafting small lots of Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Syrah, and Grenache.
Come join our dynamic team at Tolosa for 2023 harvest! As an intern, you will have an opportunity to be involved in all phases of harvest with other likeminded, hardworking individuals. Our winery provides a unique opportunity to work with fruit from Edna Valley as well as over six vineyards across California. Our equipment, which is specifically selected to craft premium quality wines, includes an optical sorter, Pellenc, basket press and state of the art open top fermenters. As a small brand housed within a custom crush facility, we have access to advanced laboratory equipment.
We are looking for someone with:
• Passion and dedication for making world-class wines
• An understanding of basic winemaking principles
• Established cellar skills including emptying/filling barrels, transferring wine/ juice, cleaning/sanitation of winery equipment, topping, drain/pressing, crushing, inoculating, making additions
• Ability to take direction and work within the existing team framework.
You need to be able to:
• Remain positive, detail-oriented and energetic in the face of long hours
• Lift and carry 50 lbs. repeatedly
• Follow written and oral English instructions
• Provide reliable transportation with a valid license
• Work long hours and most weekends in a fast-paced environment - taking the quarter off of school is required
• Walk and stand for long periods of time
• Climb up and down stairs
Additional consideration for individuals who are:
• Forklift certified
• Able to speak Spanish
• Possess a good sense of humor enjoy having fun while working hard
At Tolosa, we offer an extensive education program for all interns. During the program we go into the details of red and white winemaking, additives, yeasts and standard SOPs. This education program is a great way to expand your knowledge of the industry outside of a classroom setting. All interns will be given a handbook packed with useful information. We also provide free lunches every Friday for the entire crew during harvest.
Submit resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com