Vineyard Analytics Internship
Paso Robles, CA
DAOU offers unmatched internship programs to give you firsthand experience into how the highest quality wine grapes in California are produced. Our global recognition for award-winning wines is a result of excellent research and growing practices. Our team here is passionate about creating a positive learning environment, giving you the necessary tools and experience to thrive in this program and throughout your future endeavors. DAOU Mountain rises 2,200 feet above sea level in the Adelaida District of the Paso Robles AVA. The soils, terrain, and climactic conditions combine to create a terroir ideal for growing vinifera.
- Assist with viticulture experiments that evaluate agricultural practices, products, and equipment. Experiments are conducted and evaluated on a site-specific basis.
- Field scouting to aid in pest and disease management.
Measure vegetative growth by performing pressure bombs, measuring shoots, etc.
- Fruit sampling to monitor grapevine maturity.
- Tissue collection for nutrient analysis.
- Conduct additional data collection and analysis for vineyard evaluations and mapping.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in life sciences, agricultural science/ business, or related field (preferred but not required).
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 lbs. when necessary.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Required to be 18 years of age.