Sextant Wines Harvest Intern
The Craig Stoller Collection is a family owned and operated team of wineries based in Paso Robles, CA, known for our award-winning Zinfandel’s and very special Bordeaux and Rhone blends. Our family has tasting rooms in both Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. Our two wineries, Sextant Wines and Paris Valley Road, are gearing up for harvest and looking for energetic and efficient interns with the right attitude to join the production teams.
The vineyard intern is our first set of eyes on the fruit every morning and will help with tonnage estimates, collection, and processing of vineyard samples. The lab intern will collect and run all juice/wine samples, track the process throughout fermentation, set up bench trials, and tastings. The cellar intern will jump right in as soon as the fruit hits the crush pad, from processing and daily fermentation care to barreling down. Interest and qualification will decide placement, but each position will have the opportunity to be involved with the whole winemaking process. Start and end date are determined by the grapes but likely to be July-November.
• Self-motivated individual who can perform at a high level, even while unsupervised
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Teamwork oriented with great social skills and ability to work closely with other employees
• Able to work long hours, including overtime, in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• 21 years of age is preferred
• Prior harvest experience is a plus but not required
• Must have own transportation