Pest Control Advisor
Coastal Vineyard Care Ass.
Coastal Vineyard Care Associates (CVCA) is a leader in vineyard management. From Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo County, CVCA provides the design, farming, and management for the best vineyards on the Central Coast. CVCA takes pride in leading the industry in vineyard design, farming techniques and pesticide protocols; ensuring our vineyards are sustainable and healthy; yielding the highest quality fruit possible. From the ranch to the business office, CVCA takes pride in hiring the right people for the right job.
Salary Depending Experience
As Soon as possible
The Pest Control Advisor plays an important role by providing support to both the viticulture and farming teams throughout the season.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
• Diagnosis and identify solutions to viticulture problems in the fields of plant nutrition, canopy management, pest and disease management and overall vine health.
• Design and implementation of pest and disease control programs under the guidelines of organic, biodynamic, and sustainable farming practices and certification programs.
• Monitor traps throughout the growing season; including vine mealybug and blue green sharpshooter populations.
• Collection of virus samples, petiole samples, soil samples, water samples.
• Responsible for collection and management of phenology data.
• Create weekly inspection reports and record and generate trap data at specific vineyard locations.
• Assist with vineyard certifications and compliance projects.
• Assist with vineyard harvest operations when needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed during the dormant season.
• Attend continuing education meetings to represent the company, keep abreast on current research and to maintain PCA, QAL and CCA licenses.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Current PCA license; Categories A, B and E especially important
• Degree in Viticulture, related field, or equivalent experience.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Must be a team player who demonstrates effective communication skills.
• Ability to build positive relationships at all levels, both internal and external to the company.
• Must be competent with computer systems and relevant software applications.
• Must have a strong work ethic