Seasonal Field Sugar Tester
E. & J. Gallo Winery
San Luis Obispo
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Hiring Salary Range Posted: $18.25- $18.25
Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
E & J Gallo winery is hiring for a Seasonal Field Sugar Tester who gathers and tests grape sugar samples, operates machinery, facilitates inbound trucks at the winery and transports samples to the lab for analysis.
What You Will Do:
• Drives to grower vineyards to take samples and accurately record location and sugar values of grapes.
• Operates the Juice refractometer and collects samples for lab analysis.
• Performs basic data gathering and entry in field and at workstation.
• Examines grapes for breakout of pest and disease i.e. vine health and damage from pests, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, etc.
• Transports juice samples to the winery lab for analysis.
• Takes direction and reports to Grower Relations.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
What You Will Need
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Required to be 18 years of age or older.
• Required to work day-shift and overtime if necessary.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to travel by automobile to various sites.
• Required to use own reliable vehicle to conduct job functions.
• Required to walk through vineyards to collect grape samples.
• Required to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here: https://careers.gallo.com/job-invite/102149/