Coastal Vineyard Care Ass.
Coastal Vineyard Care Associates (CVCA) is a leader in vineyard management. From Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo County, CVCA provides the design, farming, and management for the best vineyards on the Central Coast. CVCA takes pride in leading the industry in vineyard design, farming techniques and pesticide protocols; ensuring our vineyards are sustainable and healthy; yielding the highest quality fruit possible. From the ranch to the business office, CVCA takes pride in hiring the right people for the right job.
As Soon as possible
The Viticulture Tech plays an important role by providing support to both the viticulture and farming teams throughout the season.
• Weekly field scouting for pests, diseases, fertility, and moisture stress of vines. Responsible for maintaining records and communicating observations to the Viticulturist and Vineyard Managers.
• Collection and management of vineyard data, including soil, tissue and water sampling as needed.
• Responsible for collection and management of phenology data.
• Deployment and monitoring of insect traps
• Assist with harvest activities including sugar sampling, weighmaster duties and providing overall support to harvest teams.
• Aid vineyard management teams as needed throughout the season.
• Attend and participate in team meetings, training sessions, and educational meetings as needed to stay up to date on current viticulture issues.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Viticulture, related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Must be a team player who demonstrates effective communication skills.
• Ability to build positive relationships at all levels, both internal and external to the company.
• Must be competent with computer systems and relevant software applications.
• Must have a strong work ethic
• Willing to work long days year-round, nights and weekends as needed, especially during harvest.
Chief of Employer Services- HR/Safety