Harvest Grape Sampler
Trinchero Family Estates
Paso Robles, CA
Conduct field sampling of vineyards as assigned in order to provide Director of Grower Relations and Production management staff with data on fruit maturities for the determination of harvest schedules.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Take representative samples of vineyard fruit and promptly transport samples to wine laboratory for processing.
- Conduct field sampling in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
- Monitor the pest/disease status of vineyards, and report the presence of any symptoms (i.e., leafhoppers, mites, mildew, botrytis, etc.).
- Conduct brix analysis on fruit samples in the field as required.
- Responsible for understanding the Food Safety and Quality Management System and related activities, including the ISO Food Safety & Quality Policy
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred, viticulture/enology coursework a plus
- Years of Experience: 1 year or more experience in viticultural study or practical field application
- Excellent observation and communication skills essential
- Reliable transportation essential
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to accurately carry out written and verbal instructions
- Good interpersonal skills, and a professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to recognize common grape pests and disease symptoms
- Moderate to heavy physical work
- Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities
- Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
- Must comply with all safety equipment requirements
- Long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts
- Extensive walking and lifting of up to 55 pounds
Trinchero Family Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Trinchero Family Estates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on our website.