Harvest Winemaking Intern
ONX Estate Wines is looking for experienced, hard-working, and detail-oriented interns to join us for the 2023 harvest at our Tin City Winery.
At ONX winery, we specialize in blends off our west-side estate located in the coveted Templeton Gap AVA, as well as provide custom crush services for a handful of local premium brands.
July or August 2023
December 21st, 2023
Interns will join our small, four-person production team in processing small, premium lots over the course of the vintage and be exposed to all facets of the winemaking process. This will include (but not be limited to):
• Crush-pad and sorting-line operations
• Fermentation management (i.e. pump-overs and punch-downs)
• Barrel work (topping, filling, racking, cleaning, etc)
• Sanitation (Make it sparkle)
• Sampling (in cellar and vineyards)
• Wine and must additions
• Participation in on-site benchmark tastings, lot evaluations, and blending trials.
• Bottling prep and bottling line operations
• Have a general understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
• Have one year of harvest cellar experience (preferred), but we are willing the train the right candidate
• Possess great attention to detail
• Work well as a team member
• Be available to work from approximately early August through mid-November.
• Be dependable and flexible to work overtime and weekends during the peak of harvest.
• Have a local living situation established. Please, no International inquiries. We will not accept resumes from candidates outside the US.
• Be prompt and show up to shifts on time.
• Have a clean DMV record and a current driver’s license as well as a reliable form of transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend and stand for prolonged periods
• Climb stairs
• Lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
• Work in both cool cellar temperatures and warm Paso Robles outdoor temperatures/conditions
• Navigate steep and uneven vineyard terrain for sampling