Tolosa is located in the Edna Valley nestled amongst the northwest-southeast running volcanic hills of San Luis Obispo County and is the frontier for the most complex cool-climate varietals in California, especially Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Estate Manager.
• Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner
• Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Willing to learn and take direction well
• Work flexible schedules, willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Collaborate with colleagues cross-departmentally.
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
• Work cohesively with colleagues as part of a team
• Stock refrigerating units and private tasting rooms with wine, water bottles, and replace empty wine kegs as needed
• Clean and polish glassware from service areas
• Clear and sanitize tables and seats after guests exit
• Assist the tasting room staff in opening and closing duties
• Take out recycling and trash daily
• Ensure and maintain adequate supplies of items such as glassware, bags, plastic cups, trays, napkins, and garbage bags are stocked properly
• Work with the wine club and shipping departments during club processing (when in season)
• Assist guests with wine club pick ups and other sales using POS system
• Assist Estate Hosts throughout the day when required
Candidates must be:
• 21 years of age or older
• Available to work some nights, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, including holiday weekends
• Aware and compliant with safety standards to protect guests and employees from Covid-19
• Flexible and able to manage changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Able to stand and walk for extended periods
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
• Able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Phase 2 Cellars, LLC/Tolosa Winery will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, request of FMLA/CFRA, national origin (including language use and restrictions), ancestry, medical condition (including cancer/genetic characteristics), age (40+), physical/mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), request for PDL (Pregnancy Disability Leave) or reasonable accommodation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any characteristic as protected by applicable law.