Assistant Farm Manager (Central Coast)
Bee Sweet Citrus
San Luis Obispo, CA
Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is a grower, packer, and shipper of citrus and is a leader in today’s agriculture industry. Bee Sweet Citrus Inc. is a family owned and operated company, providing over 10 different varieties to its consumers. Located in the heart of California’s Central Valley, Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is focused on innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction.
$68,000-$72,000 a year
Bee Sweet Citrus is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Farm and Harvest Department as an Assistant Farm Manager. This person will be report to the Central Coast Farm Manager and will be responsible for managing harvest; including coordinating labor, trucking and processing of the fruit. This position will also work with farming team directing employees and managing production to advance the growth of Bee Sweet’s Central Coast operations.
- Working closely FLCs to ensure all compliance and safety procedures are met
- Conducting evaluations by block on fruit size, quality and quantity
- Managing labor cost and quality
- Conducting safety trainings
- Following all compliance rules
- Managing crop inputs
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to follow our Fleet Safety Program and Policies
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Understanding of quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently and in a team setting
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Must be able to think rationally and apply logic during high-stress situations
- Exercise a variety of tasks, sometimes simultaneously
- Use arms to reach and hands to grasp and manipulate large and small objects.
- Stand for long periods at a time
- Work with, and/or in close proximity to, equipment with moving mechanical parts.
- Work outdoors in diverse weather conditions
- Lift, push and/or pull objects whose weight may exceed fifty pounds.
- Minimum of 2+ years of farm management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business or AG related fields
- $68,000 - $72,000 a year
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Industry-leading health, dental and vision insurance and health wellness program that covers
regular doctor visits, eye exams, etc. with only a minor copay
- 401(k) retirement with guaranteed matching contributions
Human Resources Manager
Bee Sweet Citrus
559-834-5345 Ext. 202