Harvest Intern with Full Time Potential
Kiani Preserve Cellars
The Kiani Preserve is seeking an exceptional winery employee to join our team for the 2023 harvest. Candidates for this position can expect to work in tandem with our tightly knit winemaking team through all aspects of harvest. We will be working exclusively with our organically farmed estate vineyard in the Santa Ynez Valley in Santa Barbara County. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in hands-on winemaking where wine quality is the top priority.
November/December 2023 with potential to stay full time
Duties will include:
• pumpovers and punchdowns
• fruit processing operations
• lots of cleaning and sanitizing
• support vineyard operations, season permitting.
What we require:
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Cautious and safety-minded approach
• Reliability and self-motivation
• Strong attention to detail and pride in work
• Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly and work on your feet in a fast-paced environment
• A valid permit to work in US
Harvest days can be long, physically demanding, and rigorous! Applicants should anticipate working long hours, 5-6 days per week, as is customary with any harvest season. Overtime will be paid at California’s standard rate. Interns should have reliable transportation. We do not provide transportation or housing but will assist in finding accommodation if needed.
There is potential for a full-time position to be created for the right candidate
Please send us resume and cover letter!