Peacock Cellars is a boutique winery, family owned and operated on the Central Coast of California. We specialize in small quantities of exceptional wine. Our meticulous vineyard management practice produces fruit with intense flavor and quality. The Cellar Master is an essential part of our small team, working directly with our Winemaker to manage the day-to-day cellar operations, and supervise, train, and mentor our cellar crew/interns.
• Collaborates with Winemaker to oversee, coordinate and implement all cellar and bottling activities including daily execution of work orders.
• Supervises cellar workers and harvest interns.
• Manages cellar supply inventories, equipment, and facility maintenance programs.
• Oversees cellar sanitation and organization.
• Assists with hospitality events as needed (pouring, set-up, etc.)
• Assists tasting room with keeping wine inventory full and available at all times
• Encourages a safe, welcoming, and collaborative work environment.
• Able to plan and execute cellar workflow and long-term production goals.
• Aptitude for working collaboratively with a team, leading with positivity, and engaging staff.
• Must be extremely organized and have the skill set to prioritize and schedule cellar tasks.
• Exhibits strong communication skills and great attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a proactive and positive attitude, a great work ethic, and an interest in improving winemaking skills.
• Must be able to drive a forklift and be forklift certified.
• Have competent computer skills and familiarity with Excel & Word
• Previous experience in the field
• Bachelor’s degree in viticulture, enology, or related field preferred
• Familiarity with high quality, small batch winemaking.
• Strong working knowledge of all cellar procedures such as crushing, pressing, wine movements, topping, barrel work, filtration, and equipment sanitation.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and dependable transportation.
• Physical requirements include: climbing ladders and stairs, being able to lift and carry 55 lbs., working long hours (sometimes including weekends) in wet, cold or uncomfortable conditions.