Harvest Cellar Internship
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery LLC
11680 Chimney Rock Road, Paso Robles, CA 93446
You still have a chance to join JUSTIN Winery for the 2023 Harvest season!
Join us at our boutique winemaking facility, Chimney Rock, on the west side of Paso Robles (25 minutes from town), where you may have the opportunity to observe and work in our newly remodeled caves. Here you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of harvest operations, working alongside our Winemaker and Assistant Winemaker.
We are seeking interns who are passionate about the wine industry and eager to learn about our production processes.
The Harvest Cellar Internship will begin in September and potentially run through December and requires full-time availability. During the peak of harvest, shifts will be 12+ hours a day, 6+ days a week.
$17.25 per hour + overtime pay
Primary harvest responsibilities:
- Completes work assignments and work orders in timely manner
- Follows all company policies and works safely always
- Responsible for sanitation of cellar area, equipment, and tanks
- Assists in all cellar operations, racking, transfers, and barrel downs
- Responsible for intake, inoculations, chemical additions, and pressings
- Monitors temperature of wine tanks
- Cleans, maintains, and organizes barrels as needed
- Assists in set up and clean up duties, including cleaning of labeler parts, hosing down floors, and storing packaging materials
- Assists with still wine barrel work
- Monitors and replenishes cellar inventory of supplies
- Samples tanks as needed
- Performs volume calculations for wine blending and wine movements
- Transfers, racks, filters, and blends wines as needed
- Mixes tanks as needed for cold stability
- Gases head space on partial tanks on a weekly basis
- Makes chemical and yeast additions to wine as needed
- Occasionally responsible for hand labeling, stacking and removing bottles from cellar walls
- College graduate with degree applicable to winemaking and prior harvest experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Verbal and written English skills required, Spanish is a plus
- Flexible and willing to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
- Ability to walk for a long portion of the day in a variety of hot and cold climates
- Able to perform basic math calculations
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the FIJI water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Pay Rate: $17.25 per hour, plus potential overtime pay.