Posting Date: 1/31/18
Tasting Room Assistant
Bake & Brain Wines
Los Osos, CA
Baker & Brain is small-lot, minimal intervention winemaking aimed at showcasing the finest, most consciously farmed vineyards throughout California, while maintaining a minimal carbon footprint. Exceptional fruit is minimally processed to create wines that are expressive, balanced and exciting.
Baker & Brain is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assist customers in our Los Osos tasting room, often working autonomously. This position involves pouring wine as well as describing the wines, wine club, Baker & Brain history, builds consumer loyalty and provides general tourist information both responsibly and appropriately. After sufficient training we are looking for someone who can work independently to provide a welcoming atmosphere for our guests, with quality and knowledgeable service in a potentially fast-paced environment. Tasting Room Associates also work special events such as our pick-up parties for our wine club members. This is a part-time position working weekends. Holiday availability is occasionally required.
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Range: $12/hour plus incentives
Start Date: February, 2018
• Days of the week and hours for position are some Fridays approximately 2-5:30pm, and most Saturdays and Sundays approximately 1:45pm-5:30pm
• Enthusiasm for wine in general and Baker & Brain and its products in particular
• Applicants should have restaurant and/or bar/tasting room experience, wine knowledge, a positive attitude, and a desire to go above and beyond to help our guests have an amazing experience at our tasting room.
• Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanor
• Greet all visitors with enthusiasm and develops positive relationships with customers and prospective customers
• Lead guests through wine tasting flights – educating them about Baker & Brain’s sustainability practices, wines, and brand.
• Ensure a fun and memorable customer experience.
• Work towards developing relationships with guests to convert into Wine Club members
• Effectively suggest and sell wine, with the ability to “up-sell”
• Collect names and email addresses for future contact
• Gives input in developing new initiatives to improve customer experience and increase sales
• Open and verify condition of wines, decanting when appropriate
• Maintain clean and organized guest spaces at all times; including washing wine glasses and dishes to keep a clean work environment
• Quickly recognize the signs that a guest should not be served alcohol and take appropriate action to professionally address the situation.
• Must remain calm under pressure
• Behave in a professional and mature manner at all times
• Comfortable speaking in front of crowds
• Self-aware, able to work independently, and driven to make a difference
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule
• Must be able to work in a fast paced hospitality environment
• Perform sales transactions using Quickbooks
• Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases, setting up for special events)
• Carrying case(s) of wine to customer’s vehicle after purchase
1-2 years of hospitality experience
Basic wine knowledge
Upbeat personality and professional demeanor
Ability to work well independently
Flexible schedule including holidays, weekends
Must be at least 21 years old
Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds
Contact Instructions: Please email resume to email@example.com
Web Link: bakerandbrain.com