Benoît Lecat, Ph.D.
Department Head; Professor, Wine Business
Office: Building 11, Room 217
Office Hours: Current Quarter
Curriculum Vitae: CV Lecat, Benoit (pdf)
- Ph.D. in Management, FUCAM, branch of LOUVAIN School of Management, UCL Campus of Mons, BELGIUM, 2006
- M.S. in Marketing, Graduate School of Business Studies, KULeuven, BELGIUM, 2000.
- Postgraduate in Bank Management, FUCAM, 1999
- M.S. in Management (with a major in Finance), FUCAM, 1997
- B. S. in Management, FUCAM, (B), branch of LOUVAIN School of Management, UCL Campus of Mons, BELGIUM, 1995.
Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits, WSET, London, 2014.
Certified Sherry Educator, Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xérès-Sherry y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda, 2014.
Rioja Wine Diploma, Rioja Wine Academy, Control Board of the DOCa Rioja
Research and Professional Interests
Pricing issues in wine and spirits industry, branding, management of luxury goods, food and wine in Burgundy, social networks, terroirs and wine and spirits tourism.
Department Head Benoit Lecat has recently co-authored the following articles:
·  McGARRY WOLF M., WOLF M. J., LECAT B., (2022), "Wine market segmentation by age generations in the Western US: expectations after the COVID-19 pandemic", International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 34, N°3, pp. 373-391. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJWBR-01-2021-0004
·  LECAT B., CHAPUIS C. & McGARRY WOLF M., (2021) "Wine and war: Burgundy wine production and consumption during World War I", Journal of Wine Research, Vol. 32, N°1, pp. 11-37, https://doi.org/10.1080/09571264.2021.1902294
·  LEWIS G., CHARTERS S., LECAT B., ZALAN T., MCGARRY WOLF M., (2019), "The impact of setting on wine tasting experiments: Do blind tastings reflect the real-life enjoyment of wine? ", International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 31 N°.4, pp. 578-590; https://doi.org/10.1108/IJWBR-07-2018-0033, Highly Commended Emerald Literati Awards 2020.
·  BALLANTYNE D., TERBLANCHE N., LECAT B., CHAPUIS C., (2019), "Old world and new world wine concepts of terroir and wine: Perspectives of three renowned non-French wine makers", Journal of Wine Research, Vol. 30, N°2, pp. 122–143 (impact factor 1.33). https://doi.org/10.1080/09571264.2019.1602031
·  PELET J.-E., LECAT B., KHAN J., RUNDLE-THIELE S., WEGMANN A.-L., LEE L., VIGAR-ELLIS D., McGARRY WOLF M., KAVOURA N., KATSONI V., (2018), "Winery website loyalty: the role of sales promotion and service attributes", International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 30, N°2, pp.138-152.
·  KIM S., LECAT B., (2017), "An Exploratory Study to Develop Korean Food and Wine Pairing Criteria", Beverages: Special issue on Food and Wine Pairing, Vol. 3, N°40, 19 p. http://www.mdpi.com/2306-5710/3/3/40
·  PELET J.-E., LECAT B., KHAN J., RUNDLE-THIELE S., WEGMANN A.-L., LEE L., VIGAR-ELLIS D., McGARRY WOLF M., KAVOURA N., KATSONI V, (2017), "Don’t believe the hype: A grounded exploratory six country wine purchasing study", Journal of Wine Research, Vol. 28, N°2, pp. 91-104.
·  LECAT B., CHAPUIS C., (2017), " Food and Wine Pairing in Burgundy: the case of Grands Crus", Beverages: Special issue on Food and Wine Pairing, Vol. 3, N°10, 26 p. www.mdpi.com/2306-5710/3/1/10/pdf
·  LECAT B., BROUARD J., CHAPUIS C., (2017), "Fraud and Counterfeiting wines in France: an overview and perspectives", British Food Journal: Special Issue on Food and Supply Chain integrity, Vol. 119, N°1, pp. 1-23 (impact factor, Clarivate:
·  LECAT B., LEFUR O., OUTREVILLE J.-F., (2016), "Perceived risk and the willingness to buy and pay for “corked” bottles of wine ", International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 28, N°4, pp. 286-307.
·  LECAT B., CHAPUIS C., BROUARD J., COGAN L., (2016), "Lack of trust in the wine chain: The case of Cruse affair for the Bordeaux wines (Winegate) and its consequences on the Burgundy Wine Industry", Recent Patents on Food, Nutrition & Agriculture, Special issue on Understanding consumer expectations and reducing asymmetry between consumers and producers: a challenge for food producers in a monopolistic competition market, Vol 8, N°1, pp. 25-29.